The Board of Trustees will grant the degree of Doctor in Medicine, after recommendation by the faculty. The requirements to obtain a Doctor in Medicine degree are:
- Completion of the Biomedical Sciences courses with a minimum grade point average of 2.50
- Completion of the Clinical Sciences courses established in the curriculum (both in the cognitive aspects as well as in the clinical skills, and professional behavior/attitudes) with a minimum grade point average of 2.50
- Passing the United States Medical License Examination (USMLE) Step 1, and Step 2 (CK)
- Passing a Clinical Performance Examination (CPX) during the fourth year of study and taking the Step 2 (CS)
- Demonstration of acceptable moral, ethical and professional standards at all times during the course of their study program.
- Completion of all financial and administrative obligations contracted with the School, including return of all borrowed library resources and completion of all documents in the academic file
- Completion of all medical records 8. Minimum overall grade point average of 2.50