The Office of Learning Assessment & Continuous Quality Improvement operates within the Academic Deanship. The Office contributes to the San Juan Bautista School of Medicine mission by promoting and leading an ongoing systematic process of collecting, analyzing and reporting data to support informed decision-making regarding the effectiveness of its academic programs and institutional units and compliance with accreditation standards. To achieve this, the Office:
- Collaborates in collecting, maintaining, analyzing, and reporting data to internal and external stakeholders to support planning, decision making, and effectiveness.
- Directs the operations and maintenance of assessment related software and data systems
- Manages and analyzes the administration of student course evaluations
- Supports the assessment and planning processes to measure student performance in meeting its institutional student learning outcomes or competencies.
- Maintain files and databases documenting all aspects of assessment plans, related implementation activities, and progress towards achieving assessment goals.
- Contribute to the creation of regular internal reports that track various aspects of student, faculty, and program performance.
- Collaborates in the preparation and distribution of reports to meet local and national requirements and ensure compliance with accreditation standards.
- Ensures compliance with national accreditation standards and develops and implements focused strategies aimed at achieving optimal institutional performance.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and refinement of accreditation processes.
Learning Assessment Director
Fernando Gonzalez Jimenez, MPH
Academic Advisor and Continuous Quality Improvement Director
Dr. Ana Bermudez, MD
|Institutional and Academic Programs Outcomes
USMLE Step 1 First-time Passing Rates
USMLE Step 2CK First-time Passing Rates