Requirements for all program graduates
Graduates from our BSN program are required to apply for the Puerto Rico Board of Examiners of Health Professionals nursing license in order to practice nursing.
- Health Department of Puerto Rico- Nursing Requirements for License
- Office of Regulation and Certification of Health Professionals
- College of Nursing Professionals of Puerto Rico
To be able to graduate from the Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing, the student needs to fulfill the following criteria:
- Have taken the Analysis and Action for Community Health course (NUR102) at the San Juan Bautista School of Medicine.
- Total compliance with the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy.
- Completion of all required courses of the BSN program
- Completion of the total number of credit/contact hours
- Minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.75
- Demonstration of acceptable moral, ethical and professional standards at all times during the course of their study program.
- Completion of all financial and administrative obligations contracted with the School, including return of all borrowed library resources and completion of all documents in the academic file
Credit Hour Distribution
- General Studies: 46
- Prerequisites: 20
- Major Courses: 54
Total Credits: 120