The admission cycle closes on July 15. Application Forms and required documentation must be received before the admissions cycle closes. Please be aware that you will be considered for admission once you have submitted and completed all the required documentation.
Admission Criteria, Interview & Required Documentation
To be considered for admission, all applicants must meet the following criteria: (1) a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by the MSCHE and licensed by the Board of Post-Secondary Institutions of PR; (2) a minimum GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale); (3) must be fluent in the Spanish language [speak, write and read]; and (4) must have reading comprehension skills in the English language. If the applicant meets the above criteria, they must submit the following documents:
- Apply Now
- Application fee. Non-refundable payment of $100. Payment methods: credit card, certified check, or money order payable to San Juan Bautista School of Medicine.
- Official Transcripts. One from each undergraduate and graduate college or university attended. Must be sent from the registrar or designated school records official directly to SJBSM Admissions Office (e-transcripts are accepted and can be sent to email@example.com). Official transcripts from the applicant, photocopies, or unofficial records will not be accepted. If, when requesting a transfer to the Program, the applicant still needs to complete the academic degree, you must submit a current official transcript showing completed and in progress coursework. If the application for transfer to the Program was approved, a final official transcript after degree conferral must be submitted directly to SJBSM Admissions Office before matriculation. SJBSM reserves the right to reevaluate the transfer application upon receipt of the final official transcript.
- Statement of Purpose. Must address the following questions: (1) What is your motivation to study and work in the field of public health? (2) Why do you want to study at the SJBSM? 3) How will your professional, academic, and personal experiences enable you to contribute to the SJBSM MPH program? (4) What are your career goals, and how do they relate to the public health field? (5) What are your research and community service interests, and how do they relate to the public health field? No more than 3 pages at 1.5 or double space, and 12pt. and Times New Roman font.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae. Include all previous and current work experience (if any), educational background, and any other relevant information (e.g., research experience, community service/volunteer activities, professional associations, awards, publications, licenses and certifications, computer and technology skills, languages proficiency, interests, etc.). Experience is not required for admission; however, the admissions committee values professional and/or educational experience in public health or other health-related fields.
- Letter of Recommendation Three individuals familiar with the applicant's academic and/or professional skills include former professors, employment supervisors, research mentors, and/or volunteer/community service preceptors. At least one must be from a former professor. If the applicant has been out of school for over five years, they may submit three letters from employers, research mentors, or volunteer/community service preceptors. Recommenders must provide information using the Letter of Recommendation Form. The recommenders themselves must submit letters; they cannot be completed or submitted by the applicant or another party on behalf of the recommender.
- Good Standing Certificate [Certificado de Antecedentes Penales] can be requested online at the following link: https://servicios.pr.gov/
All applicants who meet the minimum criteria and have submitted all required documentation will be invited for an interview. The interview will be conducted remotely through the Google Meet or Zoom platform. The applicant will be notified of the day and time of the interview by phone call and/or email.
For more information, contact the Admission Office:
Lisandra Cartagena, MPH
Mrs. Jaymi Sánchez
(787) 743-3038 Ext. 236
Admissions and Promotion Coordinator
Mrs. Ingrid Sánchez, MBA
(787) 743-3038 Ext. 266 or 787-704-9266
The mailing address to submit required admission documents is as follows: San Juan Bautista School of Medicine Admissions Office (Att: MPH Program) PO BOX 4968 Caguas, PR 00726
Nondiscrimination statement: San Juan Bautista School of Medicine does not discriminate based on place of birth, sex, ethnic group, age, color, origin, social status, physical handicaps, political or religious beliefs, sexual preferences, or civil status.