San Juan Bautista School of Medicine (SJBSM) welcomes applications from prior medical students.
Students interested in returning to the SJB medical program will be permitted to pre-register for the semester for which they are readmitted provided that their withdrawal was due to a medical or other approved and official leave of absence.
A student who is dismissed for academic reasons or because of professional disqualification is not eligible to apply for readmission.
A request for readmission shall be initiated by a written application to the Associate Dean for Students Affairs. The request will then be referred to both the Admissions Committee and the Student Evaluation and Promotions Committee. The latter Committees will review the request with the Academic Dean, and render a decision based on the academic achievement level of the student during prior enrolment and other relevant factors.
PROCEDURES FOR REQUESTING READMISSION (other than Academic suspension)
- Any student desiring readmission should discuss his/her plans with the Associate Dean for Student Affairs.
- Any student who decides to seek readmission must fill the application for readmission by June 1 of the year in which the student wishes to re-enrol (Refer to Appendix 1). The readmission application should contain (1) the reasons for the student's academic and/or other difficulty, (2) outline, in detail all activities since leaving medical school, emphasizing those in preparation for returning to the medical curriculum, (3) discuss the resolution of any personal problems that may have affected medical school performance, and (4) describe how medical school would be approached, if readmitted, in terms of such matters as study habits, learning techniques, and examination preparation.
- Transcripts of grades will be required if course work is completed during the time away from medical school.
- The readmission application, as well as any supporting documents submitted, will be presented to the Committee on Student Promotions and Evaluation, which may request that the student come in for an interview.
- The Committee on Student Promotions and Evaluation will present its recommendation regarding the student's request for readmission to the Admission Committee at a joint meeting.
- The student will be notified in writing of the decision.
- The student may appeal the decision of the Committee on Student Promotions and Evaluation to the Academic Dean.
All readmission documents must be accompanied by a money order or certified check for $100.00 payable to the San Juan Bautista School of Medicine. This amount is not refundable. The School will not consider readmission of any candidate who has been admitted on two (2) previous occasions.