Institutional Review Board (IRB)
The Office of the Institutional Review Board is the administrative body that oversees the conduct of research involving human subjects at the Health System.
The Office provides services in support of clinical research and compliance with regulations governing human subject protections.
IRB Services include:
- Coordination and administration of the Institutional Review Boards
- Guidance and support to investigators who plan to conduct clinical research projects
- Coordination of Institutional Review Board Meetings
- Interpretation of regulatory requirements
- Development of policies and procedures to assure compliance with institutional and governmental regulations
- Maintenance of records on human subject research activities
- Ongoing education on human subject research issues through workshops, seminars, conferences, newsletters and computer based training